Between February and June 2022, DHC and JCPS’ Newcomer Academy built a wonderful partnership. We’re delighted to work with the schools’ teachers, staff and students and assist anyway we can. Below is a brief summary of our work this year.
- DHC volunteers delivered hygiene supplies and other items such as winter coats, hats and gloves on February 9th, 2022.
- In early April, DHC proudly assisted with sports physicals for the NA soccer team.
- Later that month, DHC delivered supplies for the Newcomer Academy nurses closet, including gum and toothache products.
- DHC delivered water bottles to the soccer and cross country teams in May, and watched the last few soccer games of the season.
- We attended an international fashion show at Newcomer, where students represented their native countries and provided international flair.
- To close the year, DHC President Muhammad Babar, MD, visited the school as the Newcomer Academy soccer team received congratulatory medals to close the year.
This was a wonderful time together and we’re so happy to have made the connections and friendships we have.